Today, creating an efficient eCommerce Web site that will bring plenty of new customers and sales to your business isn’t any more difficult than building a regular corporate site.
Sun Hosting provides you the servers, the insfrastructure and a stable network that will ensure your Web site is always up and running at any time of the day or night. If your site succeeds in bringing you new customers, then you win and so do we!
We provide you this helpful “How To” section as a free service. You just need to follow the five important but very simple steps described below.
Step no. 1
Register a .com, a .net, a .org or a .ca domain name (.ca are reserved for Canadian companies only). Whether you’re looking to reserve domain names for use now or at a later date, you should seriously consider doing it now, while some still might be available, although the best choices in the .com range have most certainly been taken by now. Sun Hosting provides all its customers with a free domain name for the first year when you host with us.
There are also many additional options that can be added to any e-commerce registered domain name at any time such as the ability to:
- Park the domain with a “Coming Soon” page
- Redirect the domain name to another of your choice
- Start using your new domain name email address
- Add relevant body text and keywords to your pages
From time to time we hear about domain names, mistakenly or otherwise, not registered in the name of their rightful owners. Even if it’s just an oversight, rectifying this situation can become time consuming and costly. Before finalizing your domain name order, make sure it will be registered in your name and the admin., technical and billing contacts will be determined by you only at the time you are registering your new domain name (s).
Make sure that you own your domain name outright, because you can have a web site without owning your own domain name. Many ISPs and other organizations offer free web addresses for web sites. Often these are easy to get and use, but there are important benefits to having your own domain name, such as:
1. Branding – Your web site address can be a valuable brand name for you. You want people to remember it and use it on a regular basis, with each use acting as additional brand reinforcement. You lose that strong identity if your visitors have to type something like www.yourcompany.isp.com
2. Independence – Should your ISP or hosting service provider no longer meet your needs or goes out of business for any reason, you’ll want to move your site traffic along with the physical transfer of your site’s server address. After all, you’ve invested time and money to build traffic, so you shouldn’t have to start all over again simply because your needs change or for whatever other reason. Registered domain names are associated with name servers. When you decide to change the location of your web site, your new name servers will be updated in the whois record kept by your domain registrar. As a result, your site visitors will automatically be sent to your new host. The bottom line is that you keep all your traffic, and… your sales! If you don’t own your domain name, you will not have the luxury of taking your traffic with you.
3. Promotion – Your company alone gets to enjoy the increased traffic from every dollar spent promoting your site. If you don’t have your own domain name, the company associated with your web site name is also reaping the benefits of your promotional efforts.
Step no. 2
Compare our many hosting plans. Whatever eCommerce hosting package you choose for your needs, it is strongly suggested you consider some of these important options that will make a big difference in the overall success of your online business:
- Premium Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Weekly or monthly advertising banner impressions
- Extra My SQL databases for only $ 7.95 per month
Please click here to continue reading on page two.